Putting a Lens on Teacher Practice — Video-Based Peer Coaching
Effective teachers frequently reflect on how to improve their practice: Did I scaffold the lesson well? Did I give students enough processing time? How can I help students connect these two key concepts?
Video is a powerful tool for inquiry-based professional learning that gives teachers the rare opportunity to view their own classroom practice, reflect on what they see, and engage in evidence-based discussions that can lead to changes and improvements in their practice.
This issue of CenterView, produced by the Center for the Future of Teaching & Learning, explores video-based peer coaching, specifically:
- How video helps teachers to see what they normally can’t see
- What is video-based peer coaching
- What video-based peer coaching looks like in action
- Potential challenges to anticipate
- Practical implementation strategies for getting started
Visit the Center for the Future of Teaching & Learning for information about the Center and its publications, including CenterView.